Important Health Tips For Men
Men hardly pay utmost attention to their health so long as they can move their legs when they wake up in the morning. Therefore it is hard for a man to take regular medical checkups, disease symptoms seriously as opposed to the female folks. But you will agree with me that this is wrong in every sense.
Here are 10 basic steps every man that desire to live a happy health life should consider.
1. Keep Your Weight in Check: According to recent statistics, half of the male folk are becoming overweight. Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the best things any man can do for himself. You are sure to look better, feel better and your chances of going down with major killer diseases like diabetes, hypertension, and coronary heart disease will be reduced. This is a big deal but following the simple steps below will guide you in the right path.
2. Weight Training Exercise: Aerobic exercise is a good form of exercise for the keeping the heart healthy but weight training can effectively keep the extra flesh away. A recent research has shown that weekly resistance exercise can improve on muscle strength and further keep you fit. Therefore every man regardless of their societal status should find time to include weight training in their daily exercise routine.
3. Moderate Alcohol Consumption: Studies upon studies have proven that moderate consumption of alcohol not only protects against heart disease, but also lowers risk of deaths from all causes. However, excess consumption can put your health at risk.
4. Protect Your Prostate: When a man turns 40, the prostate gland usually begins to enlarge. This condition is called Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). This is considered a natural process of aging and presents symptoms such as frequent nighttime urination. Numerous clinical studies have shown that the extracts of two herbs, Pyageum and Saw Palmetto may lead to moderate improvement in symptoms of BPH such as urinary frequency, urinary urgency, and pain on urination without adverse side effects. It may also help strengthen urinary flow and reduce the retention of urine in the bladder after urination. Suggested doses are about 160 to 320 milligrams of Saw Palmetto and 40 to 80mg of Pygeum daily.
5. Maintain Vigorous Sexual Function: Most cases of erectile dysfunction have a physical cause especially when blood is not circulating within the prostate gland optimally. Exercise as regularly as you can, don’t self medicate as some drugs can worsen erectile function and impair libido. Smoking also significantly impairs erectile function.
6. Maintain Close Relationships: According to series of studies strengthening ties with your family and friends help keep you healthy. Volunteer work, religious ties, even pets anything that keeps you involved with others reduces stress and enhances health.
7. Take a Potent Daily Multivitamin and Mineral Supplement: For optimal nutrition, you need to take a high-potency multivitamin and mineral supplement. Even if you are eating right, it’s unlikely that your food contains all the nutrients you need. Poor soil quality, storage, processing and cooking deplete our food of vitamins and minerals. Taking a high quality daily supplement is “health insurance” against possible deficiencies.
8. Reduce Your Risk of Prostate Cancer: Experts estimate that 80 per cent of all cancers can be prevented by making healthy lifestyle choices. Avoid saturated and trans fats, which may fuel prostate cancer growth, and incorporate protective foods, such as soy, green tea and tomatoes, into your diet. Soy contains isoflavones with specific anti-cancer activity. Green tea is rich in polyphenols that inhibit the formation of cancer-causing compounds and block the growth of prostate cancer cells. And tomatoes, particularly cooked tomato products, are an excellent source of lycopene, which is linked to a reduced risk of prostate cancer. In addition, make sure your daily nutritional supplement contains high doses of the antioxidant selenium (200 micrograms) and vitamin E (800 IU), which have been shown to dramatically lower the risk of prostate cancer.
Take charge of your health by incorporating these 10 steps into your life. The rewards of optimal health and well-being will be well worth your efforts.